|Chicken Chimichanga with Avocado Salsa|
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 jars of your favorite salsa
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 bunch green onions, diced
12" flour tortillas
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
2 stalks celery, coarsely chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 white onion, chopped
- Add chicken, carrots, celery, garlic and onion to a large pot. Cover with water. Boil on the stove at medium heat for 45 -60 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken and set aside. Discard stock (or save for later use). When chicken is cool enough to handle, use 2 forks to shred.
- Place shredded chicken in a large bowl. Add 1 1/2 jars of the salsa (or as much to your liking), cheese, and green onions. Mix well.
- Lay a tortilla on a cutting board. Add desired amount of chicken filling (however much you want one serving to be. You can make it big or small!). Fold over edges and place seam side down on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Repeat using the other tortillas until all the filling is gone. (I got about 5 chimichangas out of it).
- Spread a little butter on top of chimichangas. Bake at 400F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the avocado with remaining 1/2 jar of salsa. When chimichangas are done, spoon avocado mix on top and serve hot! Enjoy!