|Potato, Leek & Fennel Soup|
2 cups fennel, sliced
2 cups leeks, sliced
2 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
6 cups broth, vegetable or chicken
salt and pepper
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pot. Saute fennel and leeks until they start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Add potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Using a hand immersion blender, puree soup in the pot until it is creamy. (If you don't own a hand immersion blender, you can puree the soup in batches in a blender.)
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot!
|Mozzarella, Pesto & Tomato Panini|
Ingredients (for 4 sandwiches)
1 loaf french bread
1 cup pesto (store bought or homemade - I used Buitoni Basil Pesto)
2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
mozzarella ball (get the whole fat - it's worth it!)
- Slice bread about 1" thick. Brush olive oil on one side.
- Spread about 1/4 cup pesto on dry side of bread.
- Layer tomatoes on top of pesto. Slice mozzarella into 1/2" slices. Layer mozzarella on top of tomatoes.
- Place slice of bread on top and brush olive oil on outside of sandwich.
- Put sandwich in a panini press and cook till golden brown. OR... Put sandwich in a grill pan and put a heavy pan on top (use something heavy to push it down). When one side is golden brown, flip over and toast the other side.
- When bread is golden brown and cheese is melty, you're good to go! Serve warm and enjoy!