A few notes:
- Olive still gets whole milk twice a day: 12 oz when she wakes up and 8 oz before she goes to bed. (I just didn't take pictures of it!) She also gets water throughout the day when she wants it.
- This actually took me about 10 days to complete because: Some days were leftovers of the day before - not that interesting - and some days we were out and about and I didn't have my camera.
- These are the meals I made for my daughter, not necessarily the meals she ate. Truthfully, she has a good appetite and usually eats what I give her, but she's a toddler so she likes to be difficult sometimes!
- Sometimes she eats what we eat and sometimes I make her a different meal.
- Yes, we eat a lot of bananas, flax meal, and sweet potatoes. Hey, they're easy to make and healthy! Also, you caught me on a week that I had a lot of grapes and pears. On another week, you might see a lot of cantaloupe and peas or apple and green beans. It just depends on what we bought that week! :)
|Bananas and Homemade Waffles (the waffles are made with flax meal, blackberries, and peaches)|
|Applesauce with Flax Meal & Potato Pancakes (made by Grandpa)|
|Bananas, toast sticks, scrambled egg|
|Egg, Cheese & Hash brown Burrito|
|Greek Yogurt with Banana, Flax Meal, & Applesauce mixed in|
|Oatmeal with Banana, Flax Meal, Blueberries, and Applesauce|
|Diced Pears with Whole Wheat Pancake Sticks|
|Peanut Butter Pita Triangles, String Cheese, Grapes|
|Greek Yogurt with Bananas and Garbanzo Beans|
|Slurry (our name for smoothies in our house). This one has: spinach, carrots, sweet potato, kidney beans, cantaloupe, bananas, almond milk, flax meal, blueberries, mango, green beans, strawberries, applesauce, peas, and blackberries. If you want to see me making a similar one, click here.|
|String Cheese, Diced Pears, Toast Sticks|
|Scrambled Eggs with Shredded Cheese & Peas|
|Almond Butter and Banana Sandwich with Organic Cheddar Cheese|
|Kidney Beans and Dried Mixed Fruit|
|Pearl Couscous Mixed with Garbanzo Beans, Peas, Corn, Tomatoes & Spices|
|Sweet Potato and Turkey/Chicken Burger Patty|
|Sweet Potato, Cheese Quesadilla, Grapes|
|Turkey/Chicken Meatloaf, Sweet Potato, Roasted Cauliflower & Carrots|
|Grilled Polenta, Sauteed Spinach, Baked Pork|
|Taco Bake: Ground Chicken/Turkey, Pinto Beans, Tomatoes, Crushed Tortilla Chips|
|Burrito: Chicken/Turkey Mix, Cheese, Tomatoes, Flour Tortilla|
|Baba Ganoush & Pita (shared with Grandma)|
|Grapes and Peanut Butter & Jelly sandwich (shared with Mama)|
|Hummus & Pita|
For all the parents about to transition into full-fledged meals with their little ones, I hope this can help! For all the parents with toddlers that are already transitioned, I hope this helps give you some fresh ideas. And to all parents who choose to offer their little ones healthy choices, even if they don't always eat them...high five to you! :)